We are looking for a Job Captain / Sr Project Designer to join our team! The ideal candidate will have a commercial architecture / interior design background, and will be detail-oriented, efficient, quality-focused and able to work in a team atmosphere, as well as independently, as required. The candidate should also have excellent communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with clients, the organizational skills to be able to manage time efficiently, prioritize tasks, and be able to handle multiple deadlines. Person will be involved in the development of architecture Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Document drawings on various small to large scale projects. Office workspace and space planning experience in corporate environments is required.
This will be a remote position and open to all USA locations.
- Collaboration directly with the client working at the client’s office.
- Collaborates with JLL occupancy planners.
- Collaborates with JLL Architecture team
- Collaborates with JLL Design team
- Mentors a team of CAD Technicians
- Uses AutoCAD to produce detailed architectural construction documents for multiple roll out locations
- Collaborates with Project Managers/Project Architect to capture accurate information in compliance with design and code requirements.
- May have business correspondence and interact with clients
- Participates in the design phase.
- Participates in the site survey and due diligence phase.
- Development of the Schematic Design drawings.
- Development of the Design Development drawings.
- Development of the Construction Documents.
- Recognizes potential problems and recommends solutions
- Reviews (with Project Manager) any adaptations needed to allow design fit within existing structure.
- Ensures compliance with applicable codes, standards and client requirements
- Maintains required documentation of all projects and drawings generated
- Ensures proper back up procedures are carried out to reduce lost data
- Monitors quality, accuracy and consistency of documents, details and any graphics
- Assists in the development of standards that will ensure document quality and accuracy
Send us your resume
Back to careers
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design is preferred, or certification with experience
- 5+ years’ experience in commercial space planning and construction documentation required. Must have previous experience developing construction documents for corporate office environments
- Proficiency in the application of architectural design standards, practices, techniques and concepts
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Sketchup
- Experience with retail, restaurant, or multi-site design projects is a plus
- Revit experience is a plus
- Solid time management skills
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain required performance level in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Must have exceptional standards for quality and a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work autonomously, as well as within a team