Location: Columbus HQ Office
Big Red Rooster seeks a Director, Strategy for its Columbus, Ohio office to be an innovative thought leader and resident expert for the strategic development and execution of branded experiences for our Fortune 500 clients.
- Capture and articulate “big ideas” from discovery activities.
- Formulate and articulate complex business ideas in simplified form to inspire the creative process.
- Lead our clients through strategic discovery activities involved with business and brand development, including thorough business situation assessments and market/consumer/shopper research.
- Develop and/or utilize proven approaches and frameworks to create and articulate unique, effective, and impactful consumer experience strategies.
- Facilitate meetings and sessions, demonstrating expertise at leading dynamic client organizations through change.
- Manage and balance the line between creative expression and business objectives.
- Contribute to the development of our Strategy practice by mentoring junior strategists, developing and institutionalizing new best practices, and writing/speaking original content.
- Grow business among existing clients and help develop new business.
- Accountable for operating programs within defined budgets.
Required Experience and Skills
- Retail industry knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated mastery of brand and brand experience development process.
- Deep knowledge in two or more of the following areas: retail operations, digital at retail, brand strategy, change management, merchandising, omnichannel strategy, The Future of Retail.
- A consulting mindset, wanting to help elevate the role that world-class design and branding play in effective customer experience design.
- Top candidates will have 8+ years of business consulting, brand strategy and execution experience for a consumer brand, creative agency, or other consulting firm.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal/presentation, written), sound judgment, solid business acumen, organization, diplomacy, thoroughness, and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationship among all levels of clients and colleagues.
- Track record in successfully developing and managing diverse groups or teams.
- Strong synthesis and analysis skills, deftly utilizing both qualitative and quantitative inputs. Clarity of thought and logic balanced with creative instincts.
- Experience applying primary consumer research methods strongly preferred.
- Strong work portfolio.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite. Keynote and In-Design a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or social sciences. MBA preferred.